03/03/2011

Zac Posen's Snow White

in Dolce & Gabbana
in Chanel
backstage at Zac Posen, Spring 2006
Scouted at the age of 17 in Canada, Shalom always made in impact in fashion editorials from my earliest days of reading Vogue - I remember at 16, tearing the top photo from the magazine & showing it to my hairdresser, trying to convince her that blunt fringes (bangs) were back in, big time. (I was persuaded otherwise & ended up with a somewhat medium-wispy cut, not my most glamorous of hairstyles. But then there wasn't much to contend with between the ages of 10 to 18; I was at my finest in reception year at school, plaited pigtails, word-tin in hand...). Shalom is a bit of an MTA (Model Turned Actress), parodying the profession in In & Out, and can currently be found on youtube, in The Squiggle, to the music of Yann Tiersen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...