11/08/2013

PRODUCT REVIEW: ALBER ELBAZ FOR LANCOME (HYPNOSE DOLL EYES MASCARA)

Lancome Hypnose Lanvin Doll Eyes Mascara

♥ Welcome to my new feature: product reviews! I thought I'd start with a mascara, since it's a guaranteed favourite & an almost-everyday necessity! 

What's the Marketing Blurb?

So, according to Lancome, it "builds up to 6 times more volume without clumping. The Powerfull(TM) Brush helps deliver volume that you control. Glides through for last separation and even application from base to tip." Plus, "the cone shaped brush is carefully developed to assure the ideal load on each lash, even in the inner corner of the eye."

Wow. So, Does it Do What It Says on the Tin (so to speak)?

Well, I don't know about you, but I'd love to find out how they measure six times more volume on a pair of eyelashes! I always pick volumising mascaras, mainly because mascara is usually the only eye make-up I apply for everyday wear. After a quick curl with the eyelash curlers, the mascara goes on easily, & definitely clump free - so much so, that I found myself having to apply a couple of coats to make a big impact.

There are 4 different mascaras in this new range - the brush being the only variance between them. I went for the Doll Eyes as I've always found a cone shaped brush makes it that little bit easier to apply to the outer lashes.

Is There Anything Else You're Not Telling Me?

Did you spot the gorgeous packaging too? This is down to the wunderkind genius Alber Elbaz (of Lanvin) lending his hand to a limited edition make-up range. It costs £2 more than the usual Hypnose mascara, but if you're into pretty things in pretty packages & all that jazz, I'm pretty sure it's worth it!

Plus, you know that weirdly nostalgic inky smell mascaras usually emit? Not this time - this mascara actually comes up smelling of roses. Seriously, how cool is that?

Any downsides? Unfortunately it doesn't come in a waterproof formula, something I usually opt for as necessary living in rainy Britain! However, whilst I have yet to test it over a rainy day (thank you, British Summer!), unlike some non-waterproof mascaras, this is completely smudge-free, so you won't end up with Panda Eyes by lunchtime. Which is always a good thing in my book.

Lancome Hypnose Lanvin Doll Eyes Mascara
Lancome Hypnose Lanvin Doll Eyes Mascara

Let me know if there are any products you're keen to try or want me to take a look at!


bloglovin'/pinterest/twitter/facebook
{all photos & edits by me}

1 comment:

lafashionfolie said...

Lovely post Katie!

I usually find limited edition packaging a bit gimmicky, but not in this case, Ebaz is god!

You have inspired me to dig out my Lanvin for H&M tee tomorrow :)

X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...