23/08/2011

Lasagne - With Blue Cheese & Pimento Stuffed Olives


It's such a classic meal, in all-in-one dish... Lasagne!

I went to Jamie for some guidance, & pretty much followed his cooking narrative through step by step. I love the simplicity & speed of his recipe, it was really easy to work with.

I didn't have any butternut squash to hand, so decided to experiment with adding a couple of layers of sliced hard boiled egg (as tested by a friend's mother's recipe!), & some pimento stuffed olives. For the cheese sauce, I used low-fat Greek yoghurt, adding a mixture of blue cheese & parmesan to make it really tasty.

Comfort food at its best.







{all photos by me}

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well this looks really yummy. I'm going to have to try it myself.

The Lady in White!

Anonymous said...

delicious!
absolutely wonderful! you’ve got a gorgeous blog, and i’m so glad i’ve stumbled across it for my first time! i hope you’ll come visit COSMICaroline for a Nashville-based source of inspiration for fashion, music, and art! keep up the awesome work!

-COSMICaroline
www.COSMICaroline.com

Katie said...

thanks mum, & everyone else! :)

Katie x

Francesca said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! This looks good! A very untraditional take on lasagne, worth a try!
Francesca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...